STAR GROUP OF COMPANIES
Where a Buyer is an individual the authority to collect, retain and use any information under the Privacy Act is outlined below, this can be viewed at 32 Dunlop Road, Onekawa, Napier or online www.starfoods.co.nz/privacy.
Providing personal information is optional. If you choose not to supply your current name, address and phone number, we'll be unable to provide a Member Card and benefits (special pricing, discounts, rewards) associated with Member Cards.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact Information
- Interactions with us
- Billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Identify your account or Member Card details at the time of ordering or purchasing
- Contact you for promotion or marketing of products or services which may be of interest to you. You can 'Opt Out' of receiving promotional material at any time
- Assist in investigating any orders, complaints, and/or enquiries.
- When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example: to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you.
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes authorised by you or which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
- We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Credit Collection agencies, PPSR (Personal Property Securities Register) and/or relevant third parties in order to ascertain credit worthiness, report default/s and/or collections.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us on 06 843 5115, or PO Box 12028, Ahuriri, Napier 4144.